1. Explain to your followers what retweeting is and encourage them to retweet your links. Retweeting pushes your @username into foreign social graphs,
resulting in clicks back to your profile. Track your retweets using retweetist.
2. Fill out your bio. Your latest tweets and @replies don’t mean much to someone that doesn’t know you. Your bio is the only place you have to tell people who you are. Also, your bio is displayed on Twitter’s Suggested Users page. Leaving it blank or non-descriptive doesn’t encourage people to add you.
3. As @garyvee says, “link it up.” Put links to your Twitter profile everywhere. Link it on your Digg, LinkedIn, Facebook, blog, email signature, and everywhere else you live online. Also, check out the great feedburner-like badges from TwitterCounter for your blog.
4. Tweet about your passions in life and #hash tag them. Quality content coupled with an easy way to find it never fails. If others enjoy your content, they’ll add you. Learn more about #hash tagging here.
5. Bring your twitter account into the physical world. Every time I give a talk, speak on a panel, shoot a podcast, present slides, or hand out business cards, I figure out a way to broadcast or display my twitter account.
6. Take pictures. Pictures are heavily retweeted/spread around. This one from US Airways Flight 1549 has been viewed 350,000+ times. For mobile pics use iPhone apps such as Tweetie or Twitterific, both which support on the go uploading.
8. Follow the top twitter users and watch what they tweet. Pay attention to the type of content they sent out and how they address their audiences.
9. Reply to/get involved in #hash tag memes. search.twitter.com lists the hot ‘trending topics. Look for the #hash topics and jump in on the conversation (see #4 for links to #hash instructions).
Offer incentives. Giveaway a free of charge guide if they follow you.
Once you initial produce your account, tweet about 10 things that actually offer value to your prospective customers, to ensure that when men and women check out your Twitter profile, they can see your informative tweets and would right away follow you back.
Here are couple of strategies you are able to use to send people to your profile.
Traffic driving approaches:
a. Purchase banner ads in web sites like socialoomph.com. Depending on your profile, it is possible to get hundreds of followers in a single day.
b. Use Twitter as a customer support tool of your web site.
c. Organize a contest.
d. Consist of links to your profile within your e-mail and forums signatures.
e. Should you already have a subscriber base, encourage them to follow you. Giveaway a free guide to them.
f. Leave links to your account once you do guest posts or comment on other blogs.
g. Ask bloggers to suggest your profile. Or you’ll be able to exchange recommendations.
Follow Other people:
This can be a certain way to enhance your Twitter followers. It only involves the act of following other users.
a. Follow 50 – 100 people daily. It is possible to find your targeted audience in Twitter directory sites like twellow.com
b. There are several spammers in Twitter. They develop fake profiles and simply keep on following other people. You do not need men and women like these. So, just before following an individual, go to their profile page and observe if their account is genuine or fake.
c. You can use tools like Twitter Blacklist and Twerpscan to identify people who follow as numerous users as probable to increase their followers number.
Tweet about 5 times a day. Tweet about your most recent articles, newest news, discount provides. Use it to conduct FAQ session.
Once you reach 10,000 targeted followers, it’s extremely straightforward to sell your stuff or create online reputation.